|TPHA and Chlamydia
May 17, 2006
If i have done a TPHA test and serological test for syphilis and both tests were negative, could i still have Chlamydia? or would that test check for all STD's? the doc said i have nothing to worry about and that i have no std what so ever.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
TPHA (treponema pallidum hemaglutin antigen) and "serological test for syphilis" are specific tests for syphilis and only syphilis. They do not test for other STDs, including chlamydia. Your physician should realize this. If not, it's time for you to find a more competent physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.