False-Positive w/ only -ve EIA and PCR DNA confirmation

Dr. Bob,

First off, I would like to say that I really appreciate your kindness and patience while maintaining this forum. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I am in a horrible situation and hoping that you may be able to shed some light. I am a hetero male who 4 months ago happened to go bar-hop with a relatively new gay acquintance of mine. After drinking all night we were unable to drive and unfortunately unable to hail down a cab. After about an hour of trying my friend offered to get a hotel room. While being hesitate I eventually agreed that this was our best option. Once in the room however the alcohol consumed that evening allowed inhibitions to be let down and control of the situation become ungaurded. I found myself allowing this man to perform oral sex on me. I don't really know how it happened or why I allowed it to continue for as long as I did but I eventually gained hold of my senses and asked him to stop. I preceded to then roll over and pass out. The next thing i recall i felt something wet on my lower back and at the top of my butt crack. As I looked back I saw him licking me and running his finger along the top half of my crack(maybe lower towards my rectum, cannot remember). When I asked him to stop he did but being in the condition I was in I never checked myself to see what exactly that "wetness" I felt on my butt.

The next day I asked him what he was doing and if he cummed on me and his reply was that he nor I ejaculated all night. I also asked if I should be worried about anything and he assured me that he was completely clean of diseases and would take a test if I wanted. Well, about 4 weeks later I developed a horrible release of histamine that at first covered my entire head, face, and upper chest. This became intermittent with occasional flare ups that made my skin feel warm to touch on affected areas. I never had a tempature that I am aware of otherwise and eventually had to take a dose of cortasteroids to clear this rash up. I was told that it was contact dermatitis.

After this incident I ran into this man and told him what happened and that I was starting to freak out. That night he came to my house and with him had a copy of an Oraquick test that said NEGATIVE. Well, this naturally comforted me but it was always in the back of my mind.

At 16.5 weeks post exposure I went in for a Rapid Oraquick just for the percaution and to my surprise this came back POSITIVE. I should tell you that I am in a committed relationship and this was my only exposure and my fiance tested negative the same day.

Well, the very next day I called a confidential AIDS Testing service who sent me to Labcorp for further tests. The tests results were NEGATIVE < 1 OD for HIV 1/2 (results given the very next day) and also NEGATIVE for PCR DNA!! As I should probably take great comfort in this I am concerned since a Western Blot was not used. Would this matter at 16.5 weeks? I don't know if I can handle the anxiety of going through this again.

When I told the guy from the hotel room what happened with my tests he assured me he was negative and later informed me that he went to get tested again by Rapid Oraquick and Fingerstick and that they both came out NEGATIVE. He said he would bring me the results. I just don't know if I can believe him or the fact that he didn't ejaculate on me which in turn got into my backdoor canal.

What should I do Dr. Bob? I desperately want you to tell me that I can Whoo-Hooo! Please give me the confirmation

WOO-HOO request granted! You are HIV negative!

"Positive" rapid OraQuick tests are only considered "preliminarily positive" and need to be confirmed with a secondary test before being termed definitively positive. Your subsequent negative EIA and PCR DNA are definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted or necessary (including WB testing). Your initial "positive" OraQuick was a false positive.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Hom Testing Kits accurate??
A glod star for a stunnig man