Dr Bob do you accept donations via Paypal?

Hi Dr. Bob, This is my third time asking you this question, the last time I tried to be brief but by the time I was done it was not, so I'll try to keep it to the point. Anyways, my fear stems from exposure to vaginal secretions on a girls hand while she was giving me a handjob, she masturbated a bit first while I watched, then she masturbated me with moist hands, and I know some fluids came in contact with the tip of my penis. I really want to know if you think that my exposure warrants further testing, or testing at all for that matter?? I have read lots of similar older posts in the archives from Rick and Ryan but they were a bit unclear and I really value your perspective and advice the most. How likely is transmission in this way? taking all thing into consideration, the vaginal fluids exposure to air, how much fluid would the urethra(tip of the penis) need to come in contact with?? I did receive a negative elisa test at 4 months but just can't seem to let go!! Should I retest at six months just for peace of mind? I will make A 100.00 donation regardless, but if you accept paypal please include the details, as that would be the easiest method of payment for me. One last silly question that will help me and possibly other worriers as well, who needs to be concerned with delayed seroconversion past six months these days??, is it basically no one? or just people in very poor health with extenuating circumstances? Being a worry wort, I'll most likely get a 6 month test and if negative I'll want to put this incident behind me forever!! But not before I write you back to thank you and everyone at The Body for all the wonderful things you do!!!! So much for keeping it brief!!LOL! Your Friend, Michael M.

Hello Michael,

Masturbation is not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission. "All things considered," I would consider your negative four-month test definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted. If you want to get a six-month test, that option is always open to you. It will be negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Sorry, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is not set up for PayPal; however, we do accept credit card donations on our secure site at www.concertedeffort.org. Other donation information can be found there as well.

Finally, I've addressed delayed seroconversion many times over the years. I'll repost a question from the archives that I hope will calm your fears about this remarkably rare circumstance.

Stay safe. Stay well. Thank you for your donation!

Set Us Straight Dr Bob Apr 22, 2006

Hi Dr Bob:

I've made an appointment with Doctor Steve. He sure is a nice guy. My question has to do with window periods. Most people say three months with unknown status exposure and six months with HIV positive exposure. And then there are some rare cases at 6-12 months. Do we know if these are people with immune suppressed problems or people of good health other than the HIV? I get different answers. But you I trust and I would like your detailed answer on this subject. Thank You In advance For Your Reply and Give Me your address for a donation.

Regarding the extremely rare reported accounts of delayed seroconversion, we generally have very little information. Because these events are so rare, we have not been able to identify a specific problem, such as an abnormal immune response, to explain why seroconversion took longer than expected in all cases. What's important to realize is that these are extremely, extremely rare events. If you don't worry about being struck dead by lightening every time you walk outside in the rain, then you certainly should not worry about delayed HIV seroconversion.

I absolutely agree with you about Dr. Steve!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org. Alternatively, donations can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay well.

forgot to give my e-mail from Paypal Guy
Cure?