Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nathaniel Fisher- Back from the Dead!
May 11, 2006

Hi David and Keith... errgg, I mean Drs. Steve and Bob, hope all is well in your world.

I've had the misfortune of leaping out of the X-Files and perhaps back into the hell that is WW!!

I learned a very valuable lesson in always wearing protection after my last bout of stupidity (and months of subsequent fear). I have a quick (and somewhat creative) question on risk:

I was at a Cinco de Mayo party and I was fortunate enough to catch the eye of a lovely chica. Hours later we are celebrating the Battle of Puebla on her friend's kitchen floor... I was wearing protection, but as I went to pull out I noticed that little Jose came out without his sombrero! It remained about an inch within her...

I don't know her status. She left in the night before I could get so much as a phone number! Could momentary exposure of that nature be of any risk? It was an immediate pull-out, and I know I was protected up until that point.

Remembering the male's avenue of infection, the urethra, I quickly ran to the bathroom after the incident and tried to urinate. I was hoping that it would clear out anything that might have gotten into the 'man-hole'. Theoretically, could this have worked to my advantage (from a prevention standpoint)?

I've been enjoying many months in the bliss that is the X-Files... but lately I've become more neurotic than Billy Chenowith on a week without his meds!

I continue to send good karma out to you for your health. You remain an inspiration to us all.

Gracias,

Nathaniel Samuel Fisher

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Nathaniel,

More neurotic than Billy Chenoweth off his meds??? Wow, I didn't know that was even possible. Oh wait a minute, I just remembered Jerry Falwell, Bill O'Reilly and Pat Robertson . . . yeah, I guess it is possible to be more whacked-out than an unmedicated Billy.

Your HIV risk from Jose losing his cap on the way out of the love canal would be negligible to nonexistent. If you're worried and clearly you are go ahead and get tested at the three-month mark. The results will be negative. Nothing in your story would suggest you are headed "Six Feet Under" anytime soon. In fact, I see no reason to give up your X-Files status for another trip to Worried-Well Hell.

Good luck karma is coming your way as well. Oh, and by the way, I wouldn't refer to Jose as "Little Jose." You know how touchy he is about his size and now all this business about not being able to keep his sombrero in place . . . .

Ciao Nathaniel.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Disclosing status in personal profiles.
Next
HELP ME PLEASE!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.