Throbs when i urinate

hi dr bob, i just found your website and am learning a lot from your site! thank you for providing something like this! question please, i have scloderma so i hv a lot of weird things happen to my body, but 6 days ago it started burning when i urinate (Im a woman if you need to know that) and after all the urine comes out my whole tootie just throbs and throbs. right before this started i felt a lot of internal itching like a yeast infection but that 80% went away w/over the counter medicine. i dont notice any warts or discharge or anything else like that but a lot of times (not right now) i get a skin infection at the top inside lip part above my clitoris.

i hv been on bactrim for almost 3 days and i started a pill for a yeast infection. does this sound like a std? the pain is a throb vs a burn. Im in my early 30's with 1 child born natural and i have had the same 2 regular sex partners for 6 years so it is possible i could hv gotten something. one is my boyfriend, the other is for fun :) any info would be much appreciated.

by the way, i was laughing over your response to the lady who titled her post why do you always answer to guys that get blow jobs LOL - you have a great sense of humor and found myself reading posts just to read your responses and now im learning too!! thank you :) Chrissy

Hey Chrissy,

Your whole tootie just throbs and throbs????? Hmmm . . . unfortunately I cannot make diagnoses over the Internet and cannot find "tootie" in any of my medical reference books.

If you've had unprotected sex, there is a chance you could have acquired an STD. A simple STD screen is all you need to evaluate that possibility. You might also have a urinary tract infection or vaginal infection (yeast or bacteria). Again, an examination and simple screening tests should be able to identify the exact problem with your throbbing tootie.

Bactrim and the "pill for a yeast infection" would cover some, but not all, possible infections. I suggest you follow up with your Ob/Gyn or general internist.

I'm glad you find the information in this forum enlightening and entertaining. I'll repost below the question you refer to.

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ANSWER QUESTIONS FROM MEN GETTING BLOWJOBS!!!! HELP OUT US WOMEN TOO!!!!! Apr 2, 2006

had unprotected vaginal sex twice and oral, receptive, yes that would be me. i have had multiple tests done elisa and oraquick all negative done at 2 weeks post exposure 6 weeks, 10 and 14 weeks. all negative.AM I IN A HIGH RISK CATAGORY? i also made him get an hiv test and saw the results from his test done 3 times all negative. my problem i dont believe it. what warrents a repeat test at six months. im tempted to buy a plane ticket and come to your facility. in fact i will do that, i will make an appointment if you do not answer my plea!!! i cant move on and wonder am i a late seroconverter? what if i am the 3% who will find out at my six month test. i cant function, im trying. please let me know if i can move on. when will my tests be definitive? i have many symptoms, body aches, chills, night sweats off and on, fatigue, weight loss, rash on chest, sore throat off and on tingling in hands. i need you i need to hear that i need to move on. because of my symptoms do i need to pursue more tests? please help this scared women move on. thank you

Why do I always answer questions from men getting blowjobs???? Come on, Sweetie, be fair. I can only answer questions that get submitted. And, as it turns out, there are loads of dudes who get all weirded out after they get their joy sticks licked and pop a load. I know, I know, it's not all that risky and the level of their anxiety about being blown is in itself blown way out of proportion, but I'm here to provide info to those in need, so . . . . At any rate, here you are, a woman, so let's jump right into your erudite question. Now let's see, you had unprotected vaginal sex twice and oral receptive. OK, I've got that part. Then you had ELISA and OraQuick tests at 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks and 14 weeks, all of which were negative. And you had your sex partner tested three times, also all negative. Have I got that correct??? OK. Moving on to your question, "AM I IN A HIGH RISK CATEGORY?" What???? Lady, with questions like this, it's no wonder I prefer to answer blowjob or lap dance questions!

You very clearly identified your one and only problem quite accurately when you wrote "My problem is I don't believe it (the negative HIV tests)." I, on the other hand, have absolutely no difficulty whatsoever in believing the irrefutable overwhelming evidence that you are indeed HIV negative. Both you and your nookie partner have tested negative multiple times out to 14 weeks. You just can't get any more negative than that.

As for what "warrants" a six-month test, I can quite confidently say your situation doesn't! You are not a late seroconverter. No way. No how. End of story!

Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing that's certain: it's not HIV. Do you need additional HIV tests because of these symptoms? No, absofrickinlutely not! However, you probably could benefit from counseling to help you confront your irrational HIV fears and anxiety and to help you accept the unquestionable and unquestionably wonderful good news that you are HIV negative.

So, Scared Woman, can you move on? I certainly hope so, but the next "move" is entirely up to you.

Now back to more reasonable questions. Let's see . . . "Dr. Bob, I'm a family man, God-fearing, NRA-card carrying, Bible school instructor, who thinks Cheney and Bush are doing a wonderful job, but while attending a PTA meeting on why we should teach abstinence-only sex ed to our kids in high school, I slipped out for a drink. I had no idea it was stripper bar until a woman with enormously bodacious ta tas was bouncing up and down in my lap and the next thing I knew I ejaculated in my 3-to-a-pack fruit of the Loom briefs. I'm so scared! Do I have HIV? How do I get the stain out of my shorts without Martha seeing it? Am I going to Hell? Blah, blah, blah . . . ." Yeah, this one looks at least as reasonable as your question.

One last thing: I don't avoid questions from women (a quick check of the archives will prove that point), but I do skip over tons of questions where the answer should be obvious (like yours) or questions that I've already addressed many times before and are readily available in the archives (also like yours). Sorry, Dearie.

contact with HIV+ with high viral load
safer sex question resubmitted from anemia forum