Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

contact with HIV+ with high viral load
May 9, 2006

hi Doctor, I recently shook hands with an HIV + person at a party and noticed his hand was very sweaty. I totally freaked out and went to the bathroom and washed my hand profusely. There were no cuts or abrasions on my hand. I understand that this person has not been well lately (he has told me his CD4 count is 42). Apart from seeming totally selfish on my part, would you know if the fact that he was more sick than usual affects in any way transmition through casual contact..i.e HIV load being high therefore coming into sweat? I have been obsessing about this encounter for the last week and would appreciate your guidance...will donate $100 to your cause. Thank you for all that you do!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Another QTND (Question That Never Dies).

HIV cannot be transmitted via sweat, even if the viral load is sky high. No way. No how. End of story!!!

Thanks for your donation. Your one gift will touch many lives. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
penis enlargement
Next
Throbs when i urinate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.