Dr Bob....still need your advice still concerned

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thanks for the CD form the Robert James Frascino Foundation. Just got done watching it.

I still need your advice. Hopefully you can help. I know what your final answer will be but here goes anyway:

I had protected oral and vaginal intercourse with a lady of unknown status while on a business trip back in the beginning of Dec 05. I do remember having the same condom on during both the oral and vaginal. Both acts lasted minutes. I do not believe there were any breaks or rips in the condom. About 3 weeks later, I started to develop body aches on my sides by my rib cage, arms, knees, thighs, and pain and redness on my elbows. Reading through the website you start to believe every symptom is related to ARS symptoms. I do know from your informative advice, that symptoms do not equal ARS. It is know May 06 and I am still experiencing some pain in my joints, hands, feet, and fingers. My hands, fingers, elbows, and feet, appear to be quite red at times and painful, and the tips of my fingers appear to be slightly swollen.(this may be due to the fact that I am on Doxycocline for an infection) The redness only last a few minutes and then goes away. I have not had a change in appetite, fever, rash, etc....Just body aches that seem to go away, and then come back with different symptoms. I know you cannot diagonose over the internet.

My question is this:

1) Would symptoms of ARS last 18 weeks or so. 2) Do the symptoms usually happen together or can they be spread out over time. 3) Do my symptoms seem indicative of ARS

4) Do symptoms usually appear even after the first 4-6 weeks.Can they still appear even after 5 months.

The reason I am so worried like so many other people is that before this encouner I never had these symptoms. I know your final answer will be to get tested to put my mind at ease. Just reading you advice puts my mind at ease. I just want to know if my symptoms mention above is anything to really worry about. Hope to hear from you soon. You truly are an amazing and special human being. Thanks for helping people the way you do.

Since you already know what my answers will be, I'll be brief.

1. No.

2. Together.

3. No.

4. No.

"Protected oral and vaginal" sex is not considered a risk for HIV transmission if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

If you are worried, despite your nonexistent risk, get tested. You'll have your definitive negative result in just 20 minutes! Stop procrastinating. Just do it and start WOO-HOOing!

I won't even wish you good luck, because you don't need it.

is it safe please?
Worried,Please help