PLEASE CLARIFY ANSWER TO PREVIOUS POST OF 4/29, WILL DONATE AGAIN

RECEIVED UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX FROM STRIPPER WHO MIGHT HAVE HAD RESIDUAL SEMEM IN HER MOUTH FORM ORAL SEX WITH ANOTHER MAN BEFORE ME. YOUR ANSWER INDICATED NO INCREASED RISK FROM RESIDUE SEMEM IN HER MOUTH. BUT WHAT IF THAT SEMEM WAS INFECTED WITH HIV, WOULD RISK BE INCREASED AND HOW MUCH? I HAVE DONATED AND WILL DONATE AGAIN, PLEASE ANSWER.

Dude, will you relax?!? Even if the entire Lacrosse Team was HIV positive, the estimated statistical risk I quoted remains the same, OK? My advice also remains the same. I'll reprint your original question below. The next time I expect to hear from you will be with your three-month definitive WOO-HOO, OK?

WILL DONATE, UNUSUAL QUESTION, PLEASE RESPOND Apr 29, 2006

I rec unprotected oral sex from a Stripper. I know this has a low risk but my first question is what if she had given another man a BJ before me and still had residue semem in her mouth, how much would this increase my chances of getting hiv? Next question. 14 days later I got a sore throat, (no fever), a slightly white tongue with one small white ulcer on it. I had a couple of light nite sweats of the head and neck. Sore throat lasted about 4 days. Stool seemed a little softner than usual. Are these symptoms suggestive of ARS? Next question. What and when is the earliest test I can take to get a conslusive answer. Thanks for caring, please respond, I am in a major depression and am worried sick and I will donate to your fund.

YOU ARE AN ANGEL.

The estimated per-act risk of unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the serostatus of your stripper, even if she did have a mouthful of baby batter from giving head to the entire Duke Lacrosse Team. So to answer question #1, the residue "semem" would not alter your statistical risk, which remains exceedingly low.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS. That answers question #2.

Next, testing. I recommend an ELISA test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this stripper-suck-a-thon.

Thank you for your donation. (www.concertedeffort.org) it's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Finally, if indeed you are having major depression, I urge you to seek help for this problem. It's a very real medical condition that can cause significant morbidity. And effective treatments are readily available.

I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma that your three-month HIV test is negative. I strongly suspect it will be.

Guillain-Barre and HIV
Unlikely transmission, but still worried.