The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unprotected sec with sex change

May 8, 2006

Will I get Aids by having unprotected sex with a person who has undergone a complete sex change (ie. male to female)? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino


The only way to get HIV/AIDS by having unprotected sex is to do it with a person who is HIV positive. It makes no difference if they are he or she is straight, gay, bi, curious, tranny, granny, Mormon, Republican or all of the above.

Dr. Bob

Can I Ask A Personal Question?
Vitiligo and false positives

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint