Woohoo, worrying wil make you sick

Hi, I have been worried sick for the past month now, constantly looking for symptoms and was convinced I had HIV. I had sex with a few girls in the past few years without protection, but have been idle for the past year. I have always had a white coating on my tongue and about a month ago, I convinced myself this was thrush. I also started to get folliculitus in my beard area, and after googling around, I was convinced I was infected.

After browsing around this forum and worrying my self sick, I finally had to know for sure and got tested two weeks ago. I went in to get my results today, and WOO-HOOO, its negative. The thrush was actually not thrush but food particles and coffee (too much sugar and cream) building up between the hairs on my tongue. I then started to get fullness around my ears and I think that the stress actually weakens your immune system, and making you sick.

My advice is to never trust the internet and diagnosing yourself of anything. The only way to de-stress yourself is to get tested.

Aside from testing negative, the positives about my experience is that I have learned a lot about this disease and a little insight on the people who cope with their positive status. I am humbled immensely of the strengths HIV+ people show in dealing with life, and I have a lot to learn in how to appreciate life more.

thanks

Rob

Hey Rob,

WOO-HOO and congratulations!

With the insight you have gained from your recent experience, please(1) share that insight with friends, family and anyone who will listen and (2) enjoy you new appreciation of life.

Stay well.

RE: Any infectious disease clinic or hospital in Europe, please?
Can I Ask A Personal Question?