Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Any More Testing ?????

Dear Mr wonderful, I had a oraquick rapid gum swab test done at 5 months, and at 7 months since a possible exposure, both were negative. I had unprotected vaginal sex (I'm male) on several occasions. Should I have an actual blood test done, or quit with the oraquicks. I keep having numberous symptoms that keep steering me in the direction of hiv. The main one is reoccuring prostatitis. Every time I go to the doctor he says my urine is fine, but he keeps giving me antibiotics. It helps for a bit, then seems to creep back up and causing the VERY uncomftorable stinging pain at the end of my johnson. I've just never had all these strange "symptoms" before, lymph node pains, sinus problems, red blotchy skin, small raised papules, burning in my rt armpit, etc.....Please help me do, I'll love ya 4-ever, make a good donation, (I wanna check out this dvd I've been hearing about) and keep ya in my prayers forever. I'm gonna do all that anyway just cause you've been here for me these last few months. Thanks Doc, love ya.

I would consider your five- and seven-month negative OraQuick HIV tests to be definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted. Should you get another test, it too will be negative. No ifs, ands or buts.

Your symptoms, including the recurrent prostatitis, are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease. Yes, they are annoying and yes, they can cause the "stinging johnson sensation". But nothing should be "steering you in the direction of HIV." In fact, your negative HIV tests should definitively steer you directly away from that specific diagnosis.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Why are doctors reluctant to recomment PEP?
Another irrational idiot