Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

All the way with Stripper (twice)
May 6, 2006

Dr. Bob

Thank you for responding to my question entitled All the way with a Stripper (twice). I agree that a science-based, age-appropriated abstinence plus program sex education needs to be taught in schools. Abstinence-until-marriage programs fail because they are unrealistic. Life is too unpredictable, one minute you find yourself in love and everything is right in the world, the next minute your heart broken having sex with a Stripper because you dont want to be the next 40 year old virgin. Sex education needs to reflect real life.

As for my own sexual experience, the Stripper put the condom on me and rolled it down all the way. I assumed she knew what she was doing (definitely not her first time). She checked it a couple of times before and after I ejaculated. She told me that the condom was fine after we were done. We both put disinfectant on our private areas after we were done.

Is hepatitis B easier to contract than HIV in my situation? Should I get a hepatitis B shot now or should I wait until after I get tested in 3 months?

Unfortunately, the girl I am interested in had the same sex education I had in school. However, she did mention to me the other day that she was a Democrat.

I do believe that the Stripper I had sex with is in nursing school. We talked a little afterwards about what courses she had taken and what crazy things she seen while doing here clinical rounds. Keep in mind, this all happened in that crazy little town called Las Vegas.

Thanks again

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello All-The-Way-(Twice)-Guy,

Welcome back to the forum.

"Sex education needs to reflect real life." BRAVO! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Regarding hepatitis B, your risk is essentially nonexistent. As for hepatitis B vaccination, if you are not already immune to hepatitis B, you can get vaccinated at any time. There is no reason to wait for three months.

Regarding the girl you are interested in, she's a Democrat???!!! Great! I approve. You have my blessing to marry her and live happily ever after.

Finally, regarding that crazy little town called Las Vegas, as it turns out, I'm sitting in a lounge chair at Mandalay's Beach (wave pool) at this very moment. (Yes, really I am.) In case you are looking for something a little less anxiety provoking next time you are here, I'd recommend the new show at the new Wynn Hotel called "Le Rêve." It's very Cirque-du-Soleil-ish. You can definitely get wet if you sit in the Splash Zone, but no follow-up blood tests or vaccination is needed after the experience.

I'll reprint your initial question and my response below. I do think whatever happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

All the way with Stripper (twice) May 2, 2006

Dr. Bob

Yesterday I met a stripper and we went all the way (twice actually). I used a condom each time, but at one point I stuck my finger in her vagina. I think there was some vaginal fluid but she did not cum or anything. I noticed later that my finger was a little thrashed due to a nervous habit of biting my finger nails and cuticles. I was not bleeding or anything, but the skin was definitely chewed up and starting to heal. After our ordeal, the stripper told me that she had been vaccinated against hepatitis A&B (She was in nursing school and it was required) and that she did not have HIV. Of course for the kind of money I just shell out, she probably would have said anything. Can someone contract hepatitis from someone that has been vaccinated against it? This was my first sexual encounter (I am 29), and I am worried about getting an STD. I cant sleep at night and I am real depressed. I guess its due to the fact that the only kind of Sex Education I received was abstinence only until marriage. I have been reading your comments and find them very informative. Please give me some feed back. I dont know how I will explain this to my future wife.

Thank you for what you do

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're 29 and stripper-hooker sex was your very first sexual encounter. OK. But now you're going bonkers worrying that you may have contracted an STD. You're "real depressed" and "can't sleep." Not surprisingly, the only kind of sex education you've had was "abstinence-only-until-marriage". Your story speaks volumes about abstinence-only sex education and its deleterious effects. The sooner we abolish these absurd and harmful programs, the better. Tell me, sir, before I answer your question, how do you feel about abstinence-only sex education now? Is it something you would support in your children's curriculum? Wouldn't it make more sense to teach science-based, age-appropriate "abstinence-plus" sex education? This type of program discusses abstinence, but in addition teaches other STD/HIV and unwanted-pregnancy prevention methods. Can we all count on you to be an advocate against abstinence-only programs in the future and to demand the return of science-based, age-appropriate, common-sense sex education in our schools? All right then, now I'll answer your question.

Protected sex is "protected," if the latex condom is used properly (as you should have learned in sex ed.) and does not fail. Fingering is not considered a significant HIV risk, unless you had an open wound, such as an actively bleeding cut. I doubt your "thrashed" healing-finger poke presents a significant risk. As always, if you are worried and you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, the option to get HIV tested is always open to you. Wait until the three-month mark to be certain your test results are definitive and conclusive.

Regarding hepatitis, no, you can not contract hepatitis A or hepatitis B from someone who has been successfully vaccinated. How do you explain all this to your future wife? Hmmm . . . did she have the same "enlightened" sex-ed. experience that you did? Well, even if she did, I always recommend complete honesty. It may not be the easiest approach, but it certainly is the best. Finally, regarding that stripper who is training to become a nurse, is she going to be a real nurse nurse or in the process of becoming Nurse Good-body the Naughty Naked Nurse Stripper???

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
A Few Questions From Someone New to HIV testing
Next
uh-oh...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.