ok I got tested...

hello,

I had unprotected sex with a good friend of mine on feb 23rd, she assured me that she was clean and everything, I try my best to believe her but 5 weeks after having sex I ended up getting sick. Symptoms were a fever, lightheaded, and a loss of appetite. So I started to worry a lot, I ended up getting tested 6 weeks after having sex and results came in negative. Once I got my results, yeah I was relieved lol, showed on the paper that they recommend being tested 3 months after unprotected sex. My question is, Is 6 weeks long enough to take a antibody test? Or does it really have to be 3+ months after sex? A lot of people have told me I have nothing to worry about it if I got tested negative after six weeks, but the thought is still in my head you know? Im the type of guy that worries like no other and always thinks of the worst possible outcome I could be psychosomatic maybe?

Thank you doctor, hope you cn help me out and ease my worries!

Basil hello,

Basil

Hello Basil,

Another QTND (Question That Never Dies),

A brief check of the archives would have answered your question well over twelve gazillion times. (Dr. Bob says, ¡Check it out!¡)

Briefly, whether you are the penultimate pessimist, have a black belt in psychosomatization or are as illogical as a hot-buttered Rumsfeld, HIV tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive or conclusive.

short n simple part 2
Overactive Immune system.. HIV ?