Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried sick, please do help
May 2, 2006

Dear Doctor,

I am male, 35. In Singapore, 2 weeks back, I had an encounter with 2 female sex workers at a massage parlor. This is what happened a) I was completely naked & my body was massaged using some lotion b) Masturbated by them by the hand/breast c) Light kissing by me on the cheek d) General hugging e) My nipples were licked

Besides a) There was NO penetrative sex of any kind b) The lower underclothes of the sex workers were NOT removed c) As I remember there were NO bruises or wounds either on their bodies or on mine d) I have no idea where my (circumcised) penis may have rubbed during this encounter (it may have rubbed the pelvic area of these sex workers, which was skimpily covered)

The symptoms that I have are a) Some vague skin irritation, which started 3 days later and continues till today. There are NO visible eruptions on the skin at all. This irritation starts and stops suddenly b) A mild skin rash on the forearm which appeared on the 7th & 9th day and disappeared the same day c) Possibly a lump in my throat

I am happily married and have this major sense of guilt & anxiety

My questions are a) Is there possibility of exchange of body fluids? b) Am I at risk of HIV infection? c) What are the above referred symptoms due to? d) What should I do next?

Thank you for your help. Be assured of my donation to support your good work through this forum

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Singapore-Guy,

To specifically answer your questions:

1. No.

2. No.

3. I cannot make a diagnosis based on your symptoms over the Internet. If forced to take a guess, I'd say your "major sense of guilt and anxiety" would be the underlying cause.

4. I would suggest you level with your wife. Not only is it the most effective way to confront your guilt and anxiety, it's also the right thing to do. Next, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get HIV tested at the three-month mark. Personally, for the level of potential risk described in your post, I do not feel testing is warranted; however, if it helps to put your fears to rest effectively, efficiently and permanently, then I would recommend it. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your donation. In return, I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test (if you take it) is negative.

Stay well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
worried sick will donate $$
Next
does hiv affect the uterus?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.