stretched condom - worried

hi doctor,

i recently had sex with someone who i now know is HIV+

she had a v.l over 100000 when we did it

I used a condom which at the end of it looked stretched due to the 5 minuste of rigouros sex but definetly not broken as I checked.

my sister is a nurse and she says that when someone has a high v.l ie over 90000, then there is the possibility that a stretched condom can be permeated somewhat.

also, my foreskin was pulled right back and so that also adds to the concern

what are my chances of catching it: exactly how much virus would have got through?

thank you dr bob.

Your sister may be a great nurse, but unfortunately she's not very helpful when it comes to accurate HIV-prevention information. HIV, no matter what the viral load happens to be, cannot permeate intact (even "stretched" intact) latex. No way. No how! Regarding your condom, of course it's going to be "stretched." After all, it comes in a tiny foil packet and must then stretch to tightly cover your enormous throbbing tallywhacker, right? And as for "5 minute of rigorous sex", that's not exactly a sexual marathon, Casanova!

Pulled-back foreskin is not a problem if it's covered by latex.

Finally, to your questions:

Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail . . .

1. Exactly how much virus could have gotten through? None.

2. What are the chances of contracting HIV from this experience? Zero. Zip. Nada.

If you are worried, then get HIV tested at the three-month mark. However, if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, I do not feel testing is necessary.

Stay safe and you'll stay well. Please invite your nurse sister to tune into this site to update her information on HIV/AIDS.

Do I Really Need to Wait 6 Months?
Seriously Worried +donation