|HIGH VIRAL LOAD
Apr 30, 2006
What would you recommend to a person who is recently infected and has a high viral load to prevent infection to others
1- Would you recommend using double condom? 2- Would you recommend no kissing with tongue? 3- Would you recommend no sharing drinks with friends?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The recommendations to prevent transmission of HIV are the same, no matter what the viral load level happens to be. Those recommendations do not include any of the three things you list in your post. In fact, "double-bagging" may actually increase the risk of condom failure! Spend some time reviewing the basic HIV-prevention guidelines readily available on this site and related links.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.