window period

Hello Doc I have been a regular visitor to your forum and been folowing all the responses and archives in my window period. I was convinced that the encounter i had unprotected for oral and protected for vaginal with a sex worker. This entire episode has changed my life!! 7 weeks and i got tested at the cdc with oraquick which turned out to be negative and I am waiting for the 13th week to come. In mean time I had minor sore throat , soft stool than regular and partner also saying she gets sore throat often these days and she is litle stressed out after i confessed with her.

Now my doc says I am have a enlarged thyriod and drawn for blood tests , I have stiff neck . Is this a symptom of primary HIV

Also In my child hood i had probably TB and a BCG vaccine. Does this have an effect on the window period to produce antibodies as i read some people with auto immune problems wil take longer time to produce antibodies. This has got me more worried . Hoping for your answer , I know you are busy and helping out dumb idiots like me caring for others. Thanks in advance . Have donated earlier and will continue to do so.

Hello Regular Visitor to the Forum,

You are not alone. We have lots of folks who view the forum from their window (periods).

Your overall HIV risk is minimal at best. Your seven-week negative test is encouraging, but not definitive. Your symptoms are not worrisome or indicative of HIV ARS. BCG vaccination does not alter the duration of the window period, the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies or the results of HIV-antibody screening tests.

You're not an idiot. You used a condom for vaginal sex. That's very wise indeed! Thanks for your donation.

I'll send my good-luck karma that your 13-week test remains negative, as I strongly suspect it will!

Circumcision and HIV
God Bless Apr 13, 2005, I am back Doctor Frascino