Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

window period
Apr 29, 2006

Hello Doc I have been a regular visitor to your forum and been folowing all the responses and archives in my window period. I was convinced that the encounter i had unprotected for oral and protected for vaginal with a sex worker. This entire episode has changed my life!! 7 weeks and i got tested at the cdc with oraquick which turned out to be negative and I am waiting for the 13th week to come. In mean time I had minor sore throat , soft stool than regular and partner also saying she gets sore throat often these days and she is litle stressed out after i confessed with her.

Now my doc says I am have a enlarged thyriod and drawn for blood tests , I have stiff neck . Is this a symptom of primary HIV

Also In my child hood i had probably TB and a BCG vaccine. Does this have an effect on the window period to produce antibodies as i read some people with auto immune problems wil take longer time to produce antibodies. This has got me more worried . Hoping for your answer , I know you are busy and helping out dumb idiots like me caring for others. Thanks in advance . Have donated earlier and will continue to do so.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Regular Visitor to the Forum,

You are not alone. We have lots of folks who view the forum from their window (periods).

Your overall HIV risk is minimal at best. Your seven-week negative test is encouraging, but not definitive. Your symptoms are not worrisome or indicative of HIV ARS. BCG vaccination does not alter the duration of the window period, the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies or the results of HIV-antibody screening tests.

You're not an idiot. You used a condom for vaginal sex. That's very wise indeed! Thanks for your donation.

I'll send my good-luck karma that your 13-week test remains negative, as I strongly suspect it will!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Circumcision and HIV
Next
God Bless Apr 13, 2005, I am back Doctor Frascino

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.