Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Some folks are rude to you
Apr 29, 2006

Dr.Bob, I am so appauled at how rude some folks are to you when you provide this valuable service that I know sucks up alot of your time. You are so kind and I was most impressed how quickly your thank you for my donation came! You're most welcome. You rock and shame on them and strength to you! I'm female 5 wks out from my performing oral on man with no ejaculation in mouth, oral on me 2xs, frottage(had to laugh at the post where the girl talks about how good it feels. Guess guys don't like it too much when they don't get intercourse but gosh it feels good!) 2xs, kissing,genital rubbing together. I'm joining the worriers and wonder how you can have so many symptoms? In this time, I've had in this order. Cough first week, still have with drainage,difficult to swallow 2 nights, sore armpits next, some 99.8 fever, feeling bad wk.4, yeast infection in week 4 (cleared with OTC drug), sores between breast wk 1, night sweats the whole time, this week pains in alternating sides of abdomen and one side of my neck is sore down the muscle strip that hurts if I twist my neck but I feel nothing swollen. 1 red pin point dot on each eyelid this week. Also I noticed 2 flat brwnish sun spot looking marks on my back. Would I be hit with these all at once if they were true? My friend said, "if HIV was that easy to get I'm afraid we'd all have it based on your activities". I guess I should find some relief in that but can't seem to let it go with all these things popping up continually. I have lost weight but had been on a diet/fitness program anyway. Also on Nuva ring (3rd mth) My eyelashes are falling out also. I'm afraid I won't have the opportunity to ask this person about their present status. I do know he was divorced and had a child, but don't know about promiscuity. no drugs. This was my first intimate experience after death of a spouse(wish I could really enjoy all that is was cause the chemistry was great!!!) and I'm sure that and the responsibility for my children is weighing on me. I admire you so much. Is there anything that you can pass to me during these symptoms that are scaring me in a nonfunctional state? Already tested for STDs and I'm OK. but waitng on HIV Thanks for your time and this true ministry. I want to WWWWWWWWWOOOOOHOOOO soon! Your friend out here.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk remains negligible. Many of your symptoms are not consistent with HIV. I agree with your friend!

If you remain concerned, get HIV tested three months or longer after your last potential exposure. From what you've told me, the primary reason to get tested would be to calm your fears, rather than evaluate true potential HIV transmission risk.

If you are noticing "pinpoint dots" on your eyelids, you are being hypervigilant in searching for symptoms.

Since this was the first intimate experience after the death of your spouse and you feel "the responsibility for your children weighting on you," I believe you may well benefit form some psychological counseling. Your HIV fears are unwarranted and irrational based on such minimal risk.

If the "chemistry was great," you shouldn't let unwarranted fears spoil your enjoyment.

I have not doubts you'll be WOO-HOOing very soon. But I still recommend counseling to help you cope with your underlying anxiety and fears.

As for the rude folks who write in, I only publish their comments to remind everyone that folks like that exist.

Good luck on your test! I'll be waiting for your WOO-HOO. By the way, there's an excellent chance many of your "symptoms" will magically disappear once you realize you're HIV negative. It happens all the time. Just take a read through the archives and see for yourself, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Resubmitted from the Fatigue and Anemia Forum- Please help!!!! High-Risk sex with Circumsised man!!! I will Donate!!!
Next
WILL DONATE, UNUSUAL QUESTION, PLEASE RESPOND

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.