The IFA test

I have checked with several County medical services about the IFA test only to be told that they had no idea what an IFA test was. I have been relying on the test results of Western Blot but still want to follow-through with an IFA.

Where can I get a confirmation IFA test?

I am located in the S.F. Bay Area - East Bay.

IFA stands for immunofluorescent assay. It is a confirmatory standard serologic assay that can be used interchangeably with a WB to confirm a repeatedly positive ELISA. If you have a negative ELISA, you have no need for either a WB or an IFA. You are HIV negative. If you have a positive ELISA and WB, you are HIV positive and do not need an IFA. I don't understand what you mean by "wanting to follow through with an IFA."

Various testing facilities use the IFA. Home Access Express Test, for example, uses a double EIA with a confirmatory IFA. However, again, if your EIA is not positive, an IFA would not even be run.

Hope that helps.

second indeterminate result after 3 months how rare is this?
You're awesome