blood contact

dear dr frascino please respond but i will continue to donate either way as i appreciate your services

i was at a friends house and he played his drums then i played them then he played them then i played them again the second time he handed the sticks directly to me and after i played i realized that i had a splinter on my hand from the stick that was bleeding he said he was bleeding too if the piece of wood that entered my skin and made me bleed had his blood on it, would i be at risk? the cdc and gmhc said no because its not a needle and hiv cannot infect when it is outside of the body.

please respond

Hi Drummer Boy,

I agree with the CDC and GMHC on this one. You dudes must be playing some bad-assed drum riffs. Percussion playing is not supposed to be a blood sport!

Thanks for your donations! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Stay well.

RE: WORRIED ABOUT LESSON I LEARNED
Ocupational Exposure