|5AM and can't sleep, please
Apr 27, 2006
I havent been sleeping much, Dr. Bob, if you have a few extra moments today, I would GREATLY appreciate your help.
A massage girl was washing me she used a brillo pad type plastic brush that created 5 or 6 2inch, BLEEDING, scrapes on my ankle and about 2 or 3 in the area between my leg and my testicles. They were so deep they took a week to heal.
Is there any way possible I could have gotten HIV if there was BLOOD or SEMEN on the brush before she used it on me (I believe the brush was used on a guy about 10 minutes before me)? There wasn't any water really, just the brush and when I asked her to put water and soap on it, she said the water pressure was too low.
In other words, the brush probably cut the guy before me, got BLOOD on it, and then she cut me with the brush.
1. No risk for HIV? 2. Can I have unprotected sex with wife? 3. Do I need to worry?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
A lacerating Brillo pad-type brush??? Where the hell did you go for a massage? Marquis de Sade Massage Studios? Or perhaps one of Dick Cheney's no-longer-secret foreign torture prisons?
Dude, there is no doubt that blood-to-blood exposure is a route of HIV transmission. However, HIV does not live long outside the body on Brillo pads or anything else. And we have no way of knowing if the unlucky soul who got scoured before you was excoriated to the point of bleeding or if he was HIV positive. Therefore, all things considered, I'd suggest your HIV risk is quite low.
Do you need to worry? That's kind of a moot point, isn't it? It's 5 AM, you can't sleep and your signed on to the sex-advice channel. So clearly, whether or not you "need" to worry, you are worried!
Here is what I suggest:
1. Level with your wife. You need to confront your guilt and anxiety over this whole issue. It's also the right thing to do.
2. Since you are worried, use protection with your wife until your three-month HIV test reconfirms what we all suspect your HIV-negative status.
3. Next time you got searching for a happy-ending massage, stay out of the S&M pages.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Woman With Hiv Have Vaginal Discharge?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Percentage Of People In The Usa Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Best Genital Wart Cream?
- What Does Herpes Discharge Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.