The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Apr 25, 2006

I know protected sex is safe, but I have had all kinds of symptoms. Got the flu 3 weeks after last time having sex with her. Didn't really think of it until 6 weeks later, got a really red rash on my chest, that lasted a couple days. Felt like sunburn. Had some night sweats, but figured they where from anxiety. Had swollen glands on and off. Had a sore throat and spots inside mouth/ throat. Took a test around 3 months and was neg. Still have white spots in throat, but since my anxieties have calmed, I have no more night sweats. Waiting to take another test, which will be 4 months. I am hoping for a neg. Hope you will send some good karma my way. Will donate not because you answer, but if I am neg. You really have helped me get these last few weeks.!!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Remember symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. No way. No how!

Protected sex is "protected" if the latex condom is used properly and does not fail. Assuming that's the case with you, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to three months are definitive and conclusive. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. But I can tell you what's not causing them it's not HIV! No way. No how!

Thank you for your donation ( I'll send my best good-luck/good-health karma back, but in reality I really don't think you need it!

Stay safe and you'll stay HIV-free.

Dr. Bob

"Smile from Rochester, N.Y."
Blow out !

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint