The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tempus edax rerum!

Apr 25, 2006

Dear Doctor

Unlike many others who are writing to you day by day, I wasnt overly stressed over a condom failure (I am gay and was the bottom) with a one night stand. I had some symptoms (thught about the flu) but wasnt overly concerned. But knowing that I placed myself at risk I asked for a test after the 13 weeks mark. The test came back negative. However my Doc seemed to be more concerned than I and asked me to come back again after 6 Months. Again negative. The doctor still wasnt satisfied (because of ongoing symptoms) and asked my to use protection with my lover and to come back after one year. Again I followed his guidelines and again after one year the test was negative. He even ordered a PCR RNA test after 15 months.

Now, to cut a long story short, I wasnt concerned first, but now I am. At what point should one stop testing (or changing the doc?). I agree I still have symptoms like dry eyes and dry mouth and some of my glands hurt but isnt it obvious that it cant be HIV?

How shall I proceed?

Thanks for your help doc!

warmest regards


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Philippo,

How should you proceed? I'd suggest:

1. Stop testing. You are definitively and conclusively HIV negative.

2. Start searching for a more competent physician.

Dr. Bob

What, me worry? Pshaw!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint