Tempus edax rerum!

Dear Doctor

Unlike many others who are writing to you day by day, I wasnt overly stressed over a condom failure (I am gay and was the bottom) with a one night stand. I had some symptoms (thught about the flu) but wasnt overly concerned. But knowing that I placed myself at risk I asked for a test after the 13 weeks mark. The test came back negative. However my Doc seemed to be more concerned than I and asked me to come back again after 6 Months. Again negative. The doctor still wasnt satisfied (because of ongoing symptoms) and asked my to use protection with my lover and to come back after one year. Again I followed his guidelines and again after one year the test was negative. He even ordered a PCR RNA test after 15 months.

Now, to cut a long story short, I wasnt concerned first, but now I am. At what point should one stop testing (or changing the doc?). I agree I still have symptoms like dry eyes and dry mouth and some of my glands hurt but isnt it obvious that it cant be HIV?

How shall I proceed?

Thanks for your help doc!

warmest regards

Philippo

Hi Philippo,

How should you proceed? I'd suggest:

1. Stop testing. You are definitively and conclusively HIV negative.

2. Start searching for a more competent physician.

PEP HELP!!
What, me worry? Pshaw!