What doe low hep b antiody mean

I just got a letter in the mail over the weekend from my dr. saying all labs and cultures are normal execept low hep b antibody. I was vacinated against this at age 16 and when in the military I am 25 now. Does low hep b antibody mean I have hep b or does it mean I just need to get antother shot I am really scared now. I did have unprotected sex with the father of my children but he was military and should have had the same shots. Is this cause for worry.

One wonders why, if you got a letter from your doctor with information that you didn't understand, wouldn't you contact him rather than write to me? Chances are it could have saved you some time and unnecessary worry!

A "low hep B antibody" does not mean you have hepatitis B. it means your protective immunity against becoming infecting with hepatitis B is low and therefore you are becoming more susceptible to hepatitis B infection. You need to be revaccinated to boost your protective immunity. And for that you will need to visit your doctor. I can't do it over the Internet!

Stay well.

a little information worse than none?
Nonoxynol-9 resubmitted from the fatigue and anemia forum