The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

5th time just donated to u r org pls answer my question

Apr 22, 2006

hello doc, You r doing a gr8 job but pls answer this question i cant discuss this with anybody, I had a realtionship with a guy a 12months back. We never had sex but we use to kiss and he use to touch my nipples when we got intimate ,once he bit me on my nipples pretty hard ,there was no blood but there was a cut and some juice secreted out,there were not symptoms of ars after that. Now after 12months i got sore throat and a lump in the neck which doc said was a swollen lymph node and was due to sorethorat, but this incident has started worrying me because i am married now and i dont want my husband to get hiv. PLs tell me wht are my chances of contracting hiv by the previous incident 12months back can these b the symptoms of hiv ,doc pls answer my question i am having a real bad time doc pls. i have donated to u r organisation pls doctor.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I do not believe there is a significant HIV risk from the activity you describe; however, as always, if you are worried, the option of getting an HIV test is always open to you. Results form HIV rapid tests are available within 20 minutes. Testing may well be the fastest, most efficient and effective way to quell your worries. Personally, I don't believe you have anything to worry about, nor do I believe testing is warranted.

Thanks for your donation.

Dr. Bob

Re: Sex
How conclusive is Western Blot

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint