Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

IS THIS 1 IN A MILLION CASE FOR TONIGHT NEWS ???
Apr 21, 2006

HI Dr. BOB fist I want to say thank you for all the work you do I find you a hero in my mind. Now in regards to my question here it goes. A few month ago I have had is what I think as an unsafe experience. I meat a woman in the bar while drinking we hooked up and started French Kissing ( that lasted for about 10 min ) then we decided to leave the bar and go to my friends after party and on the way there in a car we kissed some more and I sucked on her nipple for a few sec. When we arrived to the party she took me to the room where we kissed a little more and then she took my pants of to give me a Bj ( she started but my friend walked in and so I pulled out ) making the Bj last for 3-4 sec. no more than that . Ok so I understand that all of this is low risk and I would not be that worried accept the fact that I do get occasional bleeding of my gums from time to time and also I have a sharp tooth that I may have damaged with her lip to make her bleed . ( I started to maul this thoughts over and over in my head since the incident ) and at about 3 weeks (22 days) I almost got a heart attack because my lymph nodes swelled up in my neck and 2 days after I got some flu like symptoms such as 2 days of nights wets, a little sore mouth, small fever of about 99.2 during late afternoon time and funny chills from time to time. This lasted for about 4 days and with meds I got well. Than I went to doctors and did STD test including HIV at 26 days and everything came back negative. On the week 6-7 I experienced sore mouth again that lasted for a week and also I have reoccurring headaches from time to time that I have never had before that still persist and occur few time a week. Plus my doc. Gave me antibiotics I had to take for 1 weeks, reasoning it as if I had any std this would clear them out. After which I got coated tongue that I still have 7 month since. Ohh and also 2 weeks after episode my testicles got red and still are with little itchiness and I had some strange red not painful spots on my penis showing up on 4 occasions in 7 month time that last for few days then just go away. SO DR. DOC PLEASE INLIGHT ME : 1)WHAT IS ME RISK EXPOSER FROM DESCRIBED SITUATION ( CONSIDERING POSSIBILITY OF BLOOD PREASENT WHILE FREANCH KISSING ) 2) SHOULD I BE WORRIED FOR MY SYMPTOMS 3) ARE MY TEST RESULTS OK, OR SHOULD I RETEST ( OR JUST PUT EVERYTHING BEHIND ME ) THANKS AGAIN WITH BEST REGARDS ..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Is this a one in a million case for tonight's news? Nope. It's just another of the million-and-one cases of a minimal-risk exposure causing irrational HIV fear and anxiety.

Bottom line: if you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get an HIV test three months or more after the incident. It really is just that straightforward.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Oral sex and anal intercourse
Next
To Worried Well's

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.