Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

$1000 donation if you answer HCV-EIA test result of value of 0.2 s/co ratio.
Apr 19, 2006

Dear Sir, Please help me find peace. Will donate $1000 for such a noble cause. I have already spent enough money on testing. I have reading lot of webpages, but cannot find a conclusive answer.

I had about 10 partners before august 2004. Five of them I later found out to drug injecter. I am not drug injector but had unprotected sex each time. Do not smoke or drink.

Ever since august 2004, I have done every test in the book after three months. RPR, HIV, Herpes, Hep. A,B&C, chlamydia and gonnerahea name a few. result of recent two test are

September 2005

1. HBsAg-----Negative 2. HBsAb-----Negative less than 3.0 3. HBcAb,IgM--Negative HBcAb,IgG--Negative HBcAb,Total------- Negative 4. HCVAb-----Negative 0.2 s/co ratio 5. HIV--PCR&EIA-------------Negative 6. Herpes 1---Positive Herpes 2---Negative 7. RPR, Gonnerhea and Chlamydia--negative

March 2006 1. HBsAg-----Negative 2. HBsAb-----Negative 3. HBcAb-----Negative 4. HCVAb-----Negative 5. HIV------PCR&EIA------------Negative 6. Herpes 1 --Positive Herpes 2 --Negative 7. RPR, Gonnerhea and Chlamydia--negative

1. What does s/co ratio means?Is it means that if value is between 0.1 to 0.8, the test is considered negative, between 0.8 to 0.9 test is intermideate, and greater than 1.0 is considered positive. 2. Given the worse scenario, suppose if my last encounter happens to be positive for Hep. B, C and HIV, do you think 18 months is sufficient time for antibodies to show up? 3. I am a healthy individual weight about 200lbs. Do not no other disease. Am I immunocompromised? 4. After 18 months of testing am I infected with B, C And HIV? 4. For the last negative HCV antibodies test, lab tech told me that in single HCV EIA Testing,two repeatedly negative test for HCV is considered non-reactive? Is this true? 4. Do you think i should do HBV DNA and HCV RNA?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. "S/CO" means signal to cutoff ratio. It's a technical term having to do with the test. In your case, your value is clearly negative.

2. Yes, it's way more than sufficient.

3. No, you are not immunocompromised.

4. No, very clearly and definitively, you are not infected with hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV.

5. Yes.

6. No, I see absolutely no reason for you to do any additional tests for hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV.

I urge you to stop testing. Your tests are absolutely definitive and conclusive. You do not have hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV. No way. No how.

Dr. Bob

Previous
THANKS FOR NOT RESPONDING!
Next
On stress, ARS, and burning mouths

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.