Worried in NY (PEP)

I recently had an incident with a man I did not know. After a few too many drinks we ended up back at my place and we had protected anal sex, but I was drunk and he may have been inside me very briefly without a condom. We also had unprotected oral sex and he ejaculated in my mouth. This man whom I cannot contact claimed he was negative and that he was always safe, but I cannot trust him and regret my lapse in judgement as this behavior is way outside my comfort zone. My doctor has has put me on PEP althought he doesn't not think my risk is very high there is still a chance. Now my question - he has only put me on Truveda and I hear and read that PEP is usually a combination of drugs. Do you have any thoughts on this issue? Thank you in advance!!!

I agree that your HIV risk is very low, particularly if the anal sex was protected. Whether or not Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) is indicated for this degree of potential risk is open to question. You are correct in your assumption that PEP involves a combination of antiretroviral drugs generally two or three. And, as it turns out, that's exactly what you are on. Truvada is a combination of two drugs, tenofovir plus Emtricitabine.

Now that the decision to take PEP has been made, I would suggest you see an HIV/AIDS specialist. The specialist will accurately document your risk, optimize your PEP regimen if necessary, evaluate and manage any PEP-related toxicities/side effects and arrange for and interpret follow-up HIV tests.

Thanks+Happy Easter
3 rd asking: plzz give me answer