Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

not washing hands after using public washroom***
Apr 18, 2006

hello, i went to lunch with my mother one day, and she touched my sandwich after going to the public washroom. i know she doesn't have the habit of washing her hands after going to the washroom. what are the risk of her contacting menstruration blood with hiv in the washroom, contaminate my sandwich, and spread hiv to me? there was no visible blood in my mouth, but i'm still worried.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me see if I understand your question. You're worried about acquiring HIV because you had lunch with your mother and she touched your sandwich after going to the washroom?????

Listing Pumpkin, I don't know what kind of relationship you have with Mommie Dearest and I'm sure Sigmund Freud would love the chance to analyze your whacky fears, but from an HIV-risk perspective, I see no cause for even the slightest concern.

Mamma Mia, some folks find the most bizarre stuff to fret over!

Dr. Bob

Previous
DONATION promised if you can answer this
Next
Gene Therapy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.