The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

desperate testmaniac

Apr 18, 2006

hi doc and congratulations for your excellent job.I've done a lot of rapid tests at 2,6,13,16,18,22 weeks after an exposure which i do not really think it was an exposure.All of them came back negative.But even if we suppose that it was a significant exposure on hiv is the 22-week neg test enough to calm?is it considered as a 6 month test or should i repeat it after 2 weeks to complete the 6 months?And after all is it possible to become positive these 2 weeks although having all these negative tests until 22 week?please answer for the last time in order to have a nice easter!!!Just made a second donation for your efforts!

Response from Dr. Frascino


In my opinion, all you need for a definitive, conclusive test following "an exposure that you really do not think is an exposure," is a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. That means your negative tests at two and six weeks, while being encouraging, were not definitive. Your test at 13 weeks, on the other hand, is conclusive. Your subsequent tests at 16, 18 and 22 weeks are overkill (and excessive!). They merely corroborate what we already knew at 13 weeks, i.e. you are HIV negative. Should you test again in two weeks? No, of course not. You've had way too many tests already. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

Thanks for your donation (

Happy Easter.

Dr. Bob

Oral sex given to a lady who was mensurating
A Woo Hoo!!!! and a Yee Haa!!! ???

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint