thanks from Greece

Dr. Bob,

knowing how important your time is i just want to thank you for being who you are.i m negative but i spent half of my life believing i was possitive because i just refused to get tested....believe me having fears and bad obsessions some times is worst than having the desease..i want to donate 500$ and just send my best wishes to everybody that has to deal with the fear and the ignorant behavior of some "stupid "people towards people with hiv.Thank you again and by the way u have an open invitation to Greece from now and 4ever!!!

Hi Greek-Guy,

Thanks for your thanks. I agree having irrational fears and bad obsessions can be as debilitating as having HIV! I'm delighted you finally got tested and that you are HIV negative! Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Thank you also for your very generous gift. A gift of that magnitude can provide life-sustaining crucial services including HIV medications for an entire HIV-positive family for an entire year in several resource-poor countries. On behalf of those whose lives will be touched by your compassion and generosity, please accept my heartfelt thanks!

As for a visit to Greece, as it turns out, it's one of my favorite travel destinations. I spent six weeks there while I was in college and have subsequently returned many times twice in the past year, as a matter of fact! The people, the history, the Mediterranean, the ouzo!!! It's a wonderful country to which I'm sure to return time and time again.

Stay well, my friend. I'll send you an acknowledgement of your gift and a small token of our appreciation via snail mail. I also plan to toast your good health with a shot of ouzo right now!

Cheers!

Hey Dr. Bob, Have you heard how Bush plans on eradicating the Bird Flu?
Can PN and Tinnitus be HIV related?