Another $100 donation promised with answer. HELP.

Dr Bob-

I emailed you a week or so ago and have sinced donated but am here again and am getting my 3 mos test done on Monday and pray you can help get me to Monday before freaking out totally.

My title was What else can it be if that helps refreash your memory. You were very comforting and told me the oddos were astronomically in my favor but here is a quick recap again:

-performed oral with ejaculation 11 weeks ago on unknown status -tested - on 3 weeks and almost 7 weeks -got swollen lymph nodes in my underams days after incident that are still there now for 3 mos -a month and a half ago my groin lymph nodes are now swollen -just days ago the right side of my body on the side where my ribs are which I am thinking is where my spleen is is swollen -Did not have a flu or anything else, jus the swollen lymph nodes however it has felt like the past few days I have been fighting a slight fever

Doc, I KEEP reading where lymph nodes are such a huge sign and I have done an std test and it was - and had a biopsy done for lymphoma and it was -. I am beside myself with fear. Would't my 6 1/2 wk test showed up something if I had had the sollen lymph nodes in my underarms for 5 weeks and then tested -? I just read an email to you from another poster whose 15 yr old daughter has swollen lymph ndes and has just recently been diagnosed with HIV. Doc, though I appreciate it greatly how could you have been so encouraging with what is going on with me (not that I want you to be anything but). Man, what are the odds, one oral incident, 7 week - test, and eveything I typed out above and it being +. Its killing me. These swollen glands tat keep getting worse are screaming HIV. Is there anything you can tell me that will help those screams.

PLEASE! Another donation coming!

What are the odds of one oral incident, negative HIV tests at three and seven weeks plus everything you typed??? Exactly the same as the last time we addressed these same issues. I told you then and I'll repeat it now: the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this one-time "oral with ejaculation."

The vast majority of "swollen glands" (yours included) have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. I can't diagnose your problem over the Internet, but I can advise you that your current degree of worry about HIV is way out of proportion to any real risk.

Take your test tomorrow (Monday). The results will most likely be negative, and that should quickly quell the "screams". Until then, try ear plugs or perhaps practice your own celebratory WOO-HOO screams!

Thanks for your donations! Good luck. Hang in there. I'm quite confident Monday will bring you some very good news!

Politics and HIV
Thanks!