Because you are honest

I am asking you because I know you will not sugar coat it!!! I know I can not get HIV from casual contact...PERIOD!!! But for some reason everyting I come into contact with an HIV+ person directly or indirectly I get the feeling of being contaminated. Help me out here. I hate it and it is causing problems for me. What direction should I go in? Have you ever heard of this? I KNOW I can not get it, it just bothers me????

You "know you cannot get HIV from casual contact . . . PERIOD!!!" I agree! PERIOD!!!

So, since you KNOW you cannot acquire HIV from casual direct or indirect contact, but still fear getting "contaminated" by such contact, what "direction should you go in?" I'd suggest you go in the direction of a good shrink's couch. (You told me not to sugarcoat it!) Your problem is irrational fear, not HIV. So you need to confront and conquer the fear. That means treating your anxiety related to this issue. A psychiatrist is the best bet for effectively addressing irrational fears, be they HIV, spiders, flying, snakes or finding out you are the illegitimate lovechild of Dick Cheney and Condi Rice.

hiv spit assault
chest rash