Stop this madness...!

I'm literally going insane with the 15+ hiv tests I've taken out to 43 weeks! The thing that keeps me suspecting is my friggin' sore throat which I've had for the past 2 weeks!! I've been given antibiotics by the doctor but it ain't cleared up at all. Is there any reason for me to still suspect HIV??? Yes or No? I really hope you can share some of your wisdom, oh-you-god-sent-one... Love XX

Hello XX,

Fifteen negative HIV tests out to 43 weeks and you wonder if there is any reason for you to still suspect HIV???? Let me guess: you did not vote for John Kerry in the last election, right?

Dude (or Dudette), there are two things you definitely do not have:

1. HIV

2. A keen sense for the obvious.

Get a grip, Sweetie. HIV is not your problem. I can't diagnose the cause of your sore throat over the Internet. But I can tell you what's not causing it. It's not HIV. Stop testing. You are wasting time, money and blood.

I'm more than happy to share my wisdom, but in reality I think rather than wisdom you are in need of a dose of common sense.

Finally made my $100 donation, sorry to take so long
resubmitted, HIV-1 RNA at 899 copies