Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

40,000 Blow Jobs!/Best $250 ever spent!
Apr 15, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob,

No, I am not Wilt Chamberlain! These are two seperate thoughts. But I thought the title is catchy. FIrst of all, I'd like to thank you for all you've done. I just contributed $250 to your organization for helping me through these last couple of months.

The story starts like many others I've read in your forum. 10 weeks ago at a bachelor party in Jamaica, I ended up getting very drunk and paticipated in some extra-curricular activities with a stipper I met at a club. From the next day on, I was petrified that I subjected myself to HIV. At that point, I know virtually nothing about HIV, and thought that there was a decent likelihood that I could have contracted HIV.

After thinking that I started showing what I thought were symptoms the first week back home, I freaked out, could not sleep. The anxiety was killing me. Then I found your web site. From then on, I was hooked and I became so much more informed. I found out that my actions resulted in a .5 in 10,000 chance of contracting HIV, which 1 in 20,000 (I'm quite the math whiz-huh!). Not knowing if she was HIV positive (lets say for sake of argument, stripper in Jamaica-50%), the odds are then 1 in 40,000 incidents of contracting HIV with these actions.

Being anumbers guy that made me feel much, much more relaxed.

To put that in perspective, If I got one blow job per day from the age of 18, I could go until I was 127 years old(don't I wish) and that would be 40,000 incidents. Quite the long shot.

In short, I got tested at the 9 week point that came back negative. My doctor thought that the low risk event (protected blow jog received, french kissing, unprotected giving oral sex-albeit momentarily), coupled with no real symptoms and a negative test at 9 weeks (I know you say 3 months to be sure), made my doc confident enough that he said I should not worry about retesting.

I have learned so much about HIV/Aids just by reviewing your forum daily.

Sorry for being so long-winded. I am just so relieved and thankful that I just had to tell someone. Since you helped me through this very tough time, I want to say Thanks (and Woo-Hoo!). You humor and incitefulness has been much appreciated!!!

Relieved in Chicago.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Relieved in Chicago,

I do appreciate a catchy title!

Gosh, after 40,000 BJs, I would expect you to be not only "Relieved in Chicago", but also rather exhausted as well.

Congratulations on your negative test. And thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation. You'll soon receive my formal acknowledgement and token of our appreciation via snail mail.

Oh, and regarding your blowjob statistics, if you were Italian, you could easily get anywhere from three to five blowjobs per day, which would change your final calculation somewhat.

Thanks for sharing your story and great news. And on behalf of those whose lives will be touched by your gift, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay well, Chicago Guy!

Dr. Bob

Previous
prophylactic circumcision
Next
Finally made my $100 donation, sorry to take so long

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.