condom slippageresubmitted form "the Fatigue and Anemia Forum"

Hi Bob. First of all thank you for all you are doing and for touching many people lives. Im writing you because last week I had vaginal protected intercourse with a female I just met(sigh), evertything went fine when all of a sudden I realized my condom had slipped off. What do you thing the chances are for me to get infected supposing the female was hiv+.

Thank you Bob and a donation is on the way.

I'm glad you reposted your question in the proper forum so that I could respond.

Your HIV risk would depend on when the condom "slipped off." If it slipped off while you were slipping out of the love canal, your risk would be essentially nonexistent. However, if it slipped off while you were slipping and sliding in the love canal, your risk would be the same as someone having unprotected sex. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we do not know the HIV status of your partner and your exposure may have been very brief, if your raincoat stayed on for most of the mattress mambo. At this point, I would recommend getting an HIV test at the three-month mark.

Thank you for your donation! Your one gift will touch many lives! In return, I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test is negative.

Good luck!

Partner Tested Poz
the