Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

FRANCISCO FROM LA
Apr 15, 2006

Dr.Robert I will love to make a donation, just tell me what do I need to do, or how I need to do it.one last question.Having the ebv can you became positeve on hiv after 12 months I'm asking you this because us I tolld you when I was having all those simptoms after 3 months of expo.Are there any relation between both virue ebv and hiv.my question is if were expose to ebv dose it means that you also could be infected with hiv even if you tested negative after six months.Do I need some others test to be done un gran abrazo rompe huesos Gratsy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Francisco from L.A.,

Welcome back to the forum. You're becoming a real regular around here!

Regarding your question, no, there is no relationship between EBV exposure and HIV test results. Your six-month negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem, even if you have EBV. Also, if I understand your question properly, being exposed to EBV does not necessarily mean you were exposed to HIV, and it certainly does not mean you are infected with HIV.

Do you need additional HIV tests? No, absolutely not. What you do need is to stop worrying about a disease you don't have!

Thank you for your offer to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. You can make donations online via credit card at the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click the "Donate" tab. Alternatively you could send a donation to our office at:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay well, Francisco! Stop worrying! Remember HIV is not your problem!

Dr. Bob

Previous
A story and a question from Saudi Arabia
Next
Condom Broke!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.