Unprotected Anal Sex

About two weeks ago I had unprotected anal sex with another guy. I was the penetrator and was only inside of him for 20-30 seconds. He ask me not to ejaculate inside of him and I did not. I saw no blood or anything else on me after this happened. He told me that he was very clean, but the fact that he was on me in seconds concerns me. I am horrified at this point. My stress level is beyond the safety zone. Should I be tested? Thanks in advance!!!

Having intercourse without condoms, either insertive or receptive, does pose a risk for infection. Determining your risk based on how long you had insertive anal sex is difficult, maybe impossible, to determine. Other fators, such as whether or not you ejaculated or saw blood, are also inexact ways of measuring your risk. Please read my response to "Risk of Infection" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q16749.qna). It is best to use a condom throughout anal intercourse to greatly lessen your doubts about your HIV status.

Men who have unprotected anal sex with other men should get HIV tested. There is a high prevalence (at least in the U.S.) of HIV infection among men who have sex with men, so you are more likely to encounter an HIV infected sexual partner than, for instance, a woman who only has sex with heterosexual, non-injection drug using men.

So many people make mistakes here and there and have unprotected sex. The odds of getting infected in one episode of unprotected insertive anal sex are low. It is important to look at the factors that contributed to you having unprotected sex on this occassion so that you are better prepared to reduce the chances of it happening again.

RMK

cut myself?
anal area concern