Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks for the response-April 3
Apr 13, 2006

Dr. Bob,

Thanks for your response to the wooohooo!!!??? on April 3. I cried when I read your response. I guess that means I still need the antidepressant.

I am so touched that you take the time to answer all of the questions that have been posted, and keep your sense of humor about it all. Good karma is awaiting you as well.

I was one of those people who has been ignorant and oblivious to HIV. Middle class, female, over 50, and somehow thinking HIV wasn't something I needed to be concerned about. Well, not until I did something stupid. I have learned so much over the last several months and pray every day for those living and struggling with this disease.

I have decided that I will be making a donation to your foundation and/or a local organization on my annual negative anniversary date for the rest of my days, which hopefully are many. (my first negative was a day after World Aids Day, so I will always be reminded).

Hang in there. May you receive all of the love and joy you have been sharing for so long. I wish you the absolute best, along with all of the others who rely on this website. From, Never too old to learn

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org) and very kind comments. Please share what you've learned with your friends and family. Chances are they too may consider HIV someone else's problem.

Stay safe. Stay well. By the way, 50 is the new 30!!!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Should I waste time and money on yet another test?
Next
Please Dr. Bob Want Your Opinion - Can't Find in Archives

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.