Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Could this be HIV related
Apr 12, 2006

Hello I didnt know where to ask this, but please answer my question.

I was molested as a child, by an older kid he was about 13, 7 years older than me, one time oral is all that I remember. This was about 15 years ago, maybe longer. I am freaking out right now because I have had a spot on my penis for as long as I can remember. To me it looks like a broken blood vessel that has never healed, smaller than an eraser on a pencil. You can see a vain that leads into it and everything. It was on the under side of it so it was one of those, out of sight out of mind things. However growing older and wiser I am freaked out that I may have gotten HIV or something from this molestation.

Like I said this was about 15 years or more ago. I am currently very healty (except for the spot) and my childhood I was never sick. I played sports and was never sick or anything. I cant even remember the last cold I got, I just never ever get sick. As far as I know the kid doesnt have HIV. He has grown up, two kids and a wife and never heard anything about him having HIV.

How sick exactly would I be 15 years or so after the fact of this event? Do you think that I may possibly have HIV? I plan on asking my doctor next month about the spot when I go in case it is cancer or something else, but I am trying to finish out school and am completely freaking out that this may be HIV related.

If it isnt HIV could you tell me anything that it could be? Something I should be this worried about? Also I let a dog lick my penis, when I was young, am I correct in saying that there is no way a dog could be a carrier of HIV.

Thank you so much.

Also I don't know if you can get my name from my email but I would like to remain anonymous.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Would Like to Remain Anonymous,

Do I think you have HIV (or cancer, for that matter)? Nope!

Do I think you should be "completely freaking out?" Nope.

Can you get HIV from a dog licking your boner? Nope.

Can I diagnose your specific problem over the Internet? Nope. (But I can make a good guess it is certainly nothing serious.)

Finally, don't worry about remaining anonymous. Your secrets are safe with me. (However, if Toto blabs, it's not my fault, OK?)

Now get back to studying and stop wasting time on nonexistent problems!

Dr. Bob

Previous
me again
Next
Should I waste time and money on yet another test?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.