Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I worry
Apr 12, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob:

I am a converted Democrat and I was engaged a few days ago with a lady of unknown status in protected sex (latex condom, did not break or nothing). I am not a circumsized. Should I worry and go for the HIV test? Please let me know. She told me that she travelled lots around the world and spent time in Turkey. Does this increase the HIV risk? Please let me know. SHould I start PEP as only 24 hours has elapsed. A donation is on the way. Please reply urgently about PEP as time is running.

Protected but worried

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Protected and Worried,

"Protected" sex is protected. That's why we call it protected, right? If the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, I see no cause for worry or even HIV testing, and certainly absolutely no indication for PEP.

Whether or not you're circumcised or she's traveled to another galaxy doesn't matter, so long as you used a condom.

So come on, Dude, you're a "converted Democrat." That means you should start thinking rationally and stop being worried about things that aren't real threats, like Saddam's nonexistent WMDs.

Thanks for your donation!

Just remember to:

1. Play safe and you'll stay safe and well.

2. Vote Democrat.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Doubting Republican.
Next
me again

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.