Should I worry

Dear Dr. Bob:

I am a converted Democrat and I was engaged a few days ago with a lady of unknown status in protected sex (latex condom, did not break or nothing). I am not a circumsized. Should I worry and go for the HIV test? Please let me know. She told me that she travelled lots around the world and spent time in Turkey. Does this increase the HIV risk? Please let me know. SHould I start PEP as only 24 hours has elapsed. A donation is on the way. Please reply urgently about PEP as time is running.

Protected but worried

Hello Protected and Worried,

"Protected" sex is protected. That's why we call it protected, right? If the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, I see no cause for worry or even HIV testing, and certainly absolutely no indication for PEP.

Whether or not you're circumcised or she's traveled to another galaxy doesn't matter, so long as you used a condom.

So come on, Dude, you're a "converted Democrat." That means you should start thinking rationally and stop being worried about things that aren't real threats, like Saddam's nonexistent WMDs.

Thanks for your donation!

Just remember to:

1. Play safe and you'll stay safe and well.

2. Vote Democrat.

Doubting Republican.
me again