Urine Test??

Hey Dr. Bob...I have a question about the HIV Urine Test....Is it as accurte as the other test....?

Two years ago I was drugged and taken advantage of...The guy had anal sex with me without a condom...I dont know if he climaxed in me...I'm unsure...The next day I was so angry at what this guy did I asked him if he had anything...He said I had nothing to worry about...I was to ashammed to go to anyone about it...Too this day it has frightend me so much...I was tested with a urine test at 5 1/2 months after possible exposure...It was NEG...But before my test I started to get swollen lymph nodes in my groin, inner thighs and a couple in my neck....I still have them to this day and its been two years...I feel great just very worried and wonder if I should test again...??I dont know if I could go through it all over...

Thanks for all that you do...:)

"Calypte HIV-1 Urine EIA" is an FDA-approved screening HIV test. It is administered only by physicians, and a positive result requires confirmation by standard HIV blood tests (Western Blot) before it is deemed definitively positive. The sensitivity of the test is 99%; specificity is 94%. If you had this test and it was negative at 5.5 months, then you are conclusively HIV negative and there is no need for further testing.

Sound Mind And Tesing!!
IM Back