what about this? Insertive oral

Dr Bob

Thanks a mill. for your reply. Please ignore my later mails, which I was writing more in despair than anything else, and anyway was only repeating the same questions.

Your response gives me some strength. One thing on your forum is confusing me though. Some experts here say that never has a case of insertive oral sex passing hiv registered. However on the chat forum, there is atleast one person who has confirmed that he got it from insertive oral. What is your take on this?

Thanks as usual. Some day I will try and visit you in your clinic to see you in person. And certainly will be sending a donation once my testing etc is over.

Keep up your great workwe all need it. Towel guy

Hi Towel Guy,

The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. In other words the risk is vanishingly small, but still theoretically possible, particularly if there are extenuating circumstances.

As for hearing something from some anonymous source in an Internet chat forum that doesn't jive with what you've read from multiple experts on respected HIV information Web sites (such as this one), who do you think you should believe?

Thanks for your donation, Towel Guy. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Stay informed. Stay safe. Stay well.

hiv
HIV test results