Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

WOO-HOO?

Please help. About weeks ago i was unfaithfull to my patner. I went to a massage parlour and had protected sex though there aws some slippage it didn`t come off. I think i had a scabbed over abrasion on my penis caused by masterbation. I`m pretty sure the abrasion was covered. I also fingered herand masterbated with fluids on my hand/ fingers touching the scabbed area i`m not sure if the scabbing cracked or came off but i`m pretty sure there was no bleeding. I also remember rubbing my eye after i`d put my clothes back on so hopefully this would not be a risk as the fluid would have been outside the body so long. About 6 weeks later i get a bad cold followed by a week of diarrhea. I gat tested at 9 weeks and 12.5 weeks (87 days)both negative. Acouple of weeks later i got bad headaches neckache canker sores on gum, fatigue in legs. I went for a check up and the doctor noticed i had pitiryasis versicola since i`ve myself noticed petechia appearing on my arms and chest. I`ve also had a white tounge throughout but the doctor said it`s not thrush. I get aches and pains everywhere and i`m pretty sure a lymph node in my right armpit is swollen. I`m desperatley depressed,anxious and feeling very guilty. I`ve just had a really bad cold and it`s making my anxiety worse. To get to the point does this sound like i`ve been infected and shoul i test again in 4 weeks which will be the 6 month mark? Please please help can all these symptoms be caused by stress?

Regards Very worried guy in UK

Hello Worried UK Guy,

1. Protected sex is protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

2. Your negative HIV tests out to 12.5 weeks are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. The option to retest is always open to you. Personally, I don't feel it's warranted.

3. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS.

4. You identified your problem accurately when you wrote "I'm desperately depressed, anxious and feeling very guilty." You need to address these very real problems by leveling with your partner and also seeking counseling for your anxiety/depression.

5. Can your symptoms be caused by stress? Absolutely. Take a read through the archives. You should find them both enlightening and encouraging.

Sorry I missed you!!
FROM LATIN AMERICA