Safety of loved ones

My husband just found out that he is HIV+. Could you please let me know how we can get educated about non-sexual tranmission to others (family members). Are kisses on the mouth ok? Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's recent diagnosis. There are many sources of information available to you to address any and all concerns you and your family members may have related to HIV disease and risk of non-sexual transmission. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, the archives and related links. In addition, your husband's HIV specialist should also be able to respond to any specific issues that might arise. The take-home message is that HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. No way. No how! Kisses on the mouth are not only OK, they are enjoyable and a daily occurrence at our house.

Good luck to you, your husband and your family. Please advise them all of this site, as it may help them as well.

Desperately Needed Stamp on a Woohoo
Sorry I missed you!!