Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Francisco from LA

DR. ROBERT I HAD A VAGINAL EXPOSITION WITH CONDOM ON JUNE 2005 I'M MERRIED MAN I KNOW THAT IT DID THE ESTUPID MISTAKE OF MY LIFE HAVING SEX OUT OF MY MERRIEGE.3 MONTHS AFTER THE INSIDENT I WAS HAVING LIKE RUSH ON MY BODY I FELT LAKE HAVING A COLD BUT NEVER GOT IT BODY ACHE THEN I WHEN TO SEE MY FAMILY DOCTOR WE DID ELISA RESULTS NEGATIVE OCTOBER 2005 ONE OF MY KIDS WAS DIAGNOSTIC MONONUCLEOSIS BY EBV BUT THAT TIME I WAS HAVING THE SAME SIMPTOMS AND I WHEN TO SEE MY FAMILY DOCTOR IN DICEMBER 2005 WE PERFORM A PCR DNA AND ELISA THEY CAME BACK NEGATIVE THEN HE DID A EBV PANEL TO ME IT CAME BACK POSITIVE.MY MILLION QUESTION DO YOU THINK THAT I'M INFECTED WITH HIV PLEASE E-MAIL BACK PORFAVOR SORRY MY INGLISH IS NOT THAT GOOD SAY HI TO DR STEVE I HAVE TOALK TO HIM OVER THE PHONE DIOS LOS BENDIGA O LOS DOS POR SU ESFUERSO.THANKS

Hello Francisco,

I'm sure Dr. Steve told you this already, so I'll be very brief.

1. Vaginal exposure with a condom is not considered a significant HIV risk if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

2. Your negative ELISA four months after your "protected" (non-)exposure was definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.

3. Your PCR DNA and repeat ELISA six months after the potential exposure were also negative, as would be expected. They merely corroborated what we already knew at the time of the negative four-month test.

4. Your positive EBV panel may well explain the symptoms you were having; although, I cannot make a diagnosis over the Internet. What I can do is tell you that HIV is not your problem and that HIV is not the cause of your symptoms.

Mucha suerte y un gran abrazo.

Oraquik
retitled: I am really trying to be safe: this info will be really helpful