WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE? $100 DONATION PROMISED WITH ANSWER!

Dr Bob-

My circumstances are this:

1)Had possible oral exposure with male of unknown status 2)6 days later got swollen lymph nodes in my underarms 3)The lymph nodes over 2 mos later are still swollen there and now swollen in my groin area as well 4)had test done at 4 weeks and 7 weeks and it was -. waiting for my 3 mos mark which is in 2 weeks 5)did an std test 17 days after possible exposure 6)never had any other possible symptoms, no fever, rash, nothing! just the underarm swelling 7)had biopsy done on underarm and it was - for lymphoma

I know oral is low (and I have a healthy mouth except for gingivitis but doesnt most people have that) but reading over the std symptoms charts it doesnt seem like any of those fit either. My dr said that the sollen lymph nodes would not be HIV related as I took a test 6 weeks after it started and it didnt show anything and it would seem like antibodies would have shown after a month and a half of exhbiting symptoms, right?

Dr Bob, I promise a $100 donation for some sort of answer here. I am wrecked with fear and anxiety and cannot leave my house and am obsessed with the internet which only makes me crazier as opinions seem to be all over the place. I have also read (though I realize you would NEVER endorse this) were the HIV tests today are much more reliable and can detect antibodies so much more effectively than years back so being - at 7 weeks put my mind at ease somewhat. This was a one time experience and am not hiding anything. This one incident is the only way I could be infected. Its just to damn strange to have had this experience and then 6 days after have these --ucking swollen lymph nodes for over 2 mos now!

PLEASE comment on everything I have listed as I pray to get a response from you!

Bless you for your work and the help you give thousands! I am hoping for the same help now. Again, $100 donation coming!

D-

Hello D,

Comment on everything?!?! Hmmm . . . not exactly sure what you expect, but I'll try to at least hit the high points:

1. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission.

2. Lymph node swelling can be caused by a wide array of medical conditions. The vast majority of swollen lymph nodes have absolutely nothing to do with HIV disease.

3. Isolated swollen nodes would not be consistent with HIV ARS.

4. That you are "wrecked with fear and anxiety and cannot leave your house and are obsessed with the internet which only makes you crazier . . ." is the primary problem you need to confront and cope with at the moment. I would suggest you seek some psychological counseling and treatment for these incapacitating (and irrational) fears.

5. Your negative four-week and seven-week HIV tests are extremely encouraging. Yes, the majority of folks who seroconvert have detectable anti-HIV antibodies by week six. However, tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive or definitive. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this minimal potential exposure.

6. Thank you for your generous donation. In return, I'll send a personalized acknowledgement of your tax-deductible gift. I'll also include a small token of our appreciation. Finally, I'm also sending my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your three-month definitive test remains negative. (I'm quite confident it will!)

I can officially Woo-Hoo
Oraquik