Reliability of the orasure test (gum swab)

Hi Doc,

Great stuff you are doing. Quick question I had a dna pcr at 28 days and 58 days both negative. At four months went to clinic and got the orasure (gum rub). Was negative. Can I woohoo because I read the false positive news on the orasure test and I am doing the wondering game on the reliability. Thanks and sending $$ to the foundation.

A negative OraSure test is considered definitive and conclusive (unless tested in the "window" period, which is defined as the first three months post-exposure). A positive OraSure is considered preliminarily positive and needs to be confirmed with a Western Blot or IFA test before being termed conclusively positive. So the bottom line is that "false positives" are not at all a concern for you. Your negative four-month test is definitively and conclusively negative. Put another way, it's time for you to WOO-HOO!

Thanks for your donation!

Please Robby Rob, my 13 weeksare over
Lost Condom