Cant move on.Need desperately your help

im so sorry to nag you once more,dear dr.Bob,i wrote to you some months ago-Ill be as brief as possible-last summer in august I had an unprotected vaginal sex about an hour with a woman with unknown status.Some days afterwards I got belly and stomach cramps,felt dizzy,tired,gums inflammation,fever,night sweats,about 2 month after the exposure I developed slightly swollen glands in my belly and armpits,which still persist along with my stomach discomfort, horrible cramps and chest pain.I cant describe,how Im tired of this all,the symptoms dont resolve a bit.Ive also lost on weight etc.Its a real hell for me.Ive been put on antidepressiva,which also doesnt help.My question is-Could these problems have any connection to HIV,although I got tested 7 times out to 27 weeks with Elisa and finally with an OraQuick?I dont know how to go on,Im not able to do anything how my body is upset.I had to break my studies because of that.I was also checked for other diseases-hepatitis,syphilis etc.All the docs stated were slightly elevated liver levels in November(now OK again).I was already so desperate that I phoned your office and spoke to dr.Steve last week. I really dont know what to do next. im convinced it must be a kind of viral disease because of the swollen glands at several places of my body (the worst around the navel). Could you please tell me your opinion??Should I retest or can I rely on the results from the 27th week?My new girlfriend-Im since December with,has also complained about stomach discomfort and even vomitted.Im afraid, I could have endangered her too.You are my last real hope.Thank you very much in advance.Best regards to you and dr.Steve as well from Andy from the Czech republic

Hello Czech Andy,

Andy, buddy, if you spoke to Dr. Steve last week I'm sure he told you that you are not HIV positive. Right? So what are you still doing here worrying about a disease you don't have???

I'll be brief and direct.

1. Your seven negative ELISA and OraQuick tests out to 27 weeks are definitive, conclusive and excessive. Andy, HIV is not your problem. No additional HIV testing is warranted or recommended.

2. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS. By the way, there are no lymph nodes around your navel to swell!

3. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not causing them: it's not HIV!

4. Your HIV fears are irrational and completely unwarranted. I suggest you seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you cope with your anxiety and abnormal fixation on HIV disease. They should also help you accept the wonderful news that you are HIV negative.

Good luck, Andy.

Should I get PEP ? It's been 24 hours...
fed up