Should I get PEP ? It's been 24 hours...

I just realised your personal situation, and truely admire your courage and selfness. Compared to that, my question is quite self-centered, and perhaps silly. I went to the gym first thing in the morning; in the change room I got pricked by a safety pin attached to a locker's key. I sqeezed a drop of blood out, and poured surgical spirit on the cut within a few minutes. What if the guy before me got pricked by the same safty pin too? I read and understand HIV does not reproduce in the enviroment, but how soon does HIV becomes non-infectious in the enviroment (i.e. the tip of a safety pin)? Should I get PEP ? Thanks for bearing with me.

Although it is possible to get HIV from a prick, it's a completely different kind of prick (so to speak) and usually doesn't happen in the gym locker room (the steam room maybe, but not the locker room).

For your situation, not only do I strongly advise against PEP, but I also do not believe you even need HIV testing.

Now stop procrastinating and get on with your gym workout!

Contact with Newborns
Cant move on.Need desperately your help